SIM Information System in Pakistan
You can simply send a blank message to 667 and know the owner of this particular SIM you send the message from.
We are responsible citizens and individuals so when it comes to SIM we should also Say “No” to Un-Authorized SIMs & WLL Connections. Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) in Collaboration with Cellular Mobile and Wireless Local Loop Operators has introduced Biometric Verification System (BVS) to which is currently being followed as the SIM verification system in Pakistan.
Get SIM Card Information Through Different Ways
According to Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA), Whenever one buys a new SIM or gets a duplicate SIM or if one wants to change the ownership of the SIM or for some reason you want to reverify your SIM, one needs to verify it through Biometric Verification System (BVS) in Pakistan after online verification of NADRA. Right now 5 SIMs are allowed per CNIC and not more than that.
After the biometric verification, make sure you collect your SIM and in case the sales agent doesn’t handover the SIM, kindly lodge your complaint at first. You need to have your CNIC number, date of visit, company whose sale channel was visited, and name and address of the sale channel to send with your complaint to PTA at [email protected]
One needs to be extra cautious while giving away your thumb impressions since no prize or gift schemes require biometric verification. The information could be misused by the fraudsters to steal your identity and activate other SIM connections on your CNIC without your consent. So, for the safe side, one should keep on checking SIM count status against one’s CNIC and it could be done by;
Online PTA Service
You can visit the original site www.cnic.sims.pk to check the registered number of SIMS on your CNIC.
SMS from a Mobile Phone
You can also check the registered number of SIMS on your CNIC by sending the CNIC number (without dashes) to 668.
Get SIM Card’s Owner Name and Information
If you are unsure about your SIM registration and want to check the owner’s name and other information, you can follow some simple steps to get the owner’s name and details. This is especially for those customers who bought SIMs during 2005-2010 when SIM registration used to be an alien idea and the majority of mobile phone users from that time are not the owners of the SIMs they are using.
SIM Biometric Verification System in Pakistan
PTA has ensured your safety and avoid registration of your SIM against wrong credentials, please follow these simple steps given by PTA:
- Only Visit a Biometric verification system Enabled Sale Outlet for any of your SIM Transactions.
- Go through the Terms & Conditions for Purchase of SIM/WLL Connection Displayed at the Sale Channel or outlet.
- Provide Valid Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) Number to Sale Agent
- Place Your Thumb / Finger on BVS Scanner for Verification from NADRA.
- By Giving Your Thumb/Finger Impression You Agree with the Terms & Conditions for Purchase of SIM/WLL Connection.
- In Case of Successful Verification, SIM/WLL Connection Shall be Activated & Handed-over to You.
- In Case of Un-Successful Verification, Sale Agent Shall Inform the Reason and Provide Further Guidance.
We hope you have cleared all your doubts regarding the SIMs information system in Pakistan.